Baton Rouge, La. – NORTHPAC, a political action committee of the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry (LABI), today announced their first round of endorsements for the 2015 fall elections.
“Since NORTHPAC was created our members have strived to ensure the business community supports candidates who understand our needs when critical legislation is being considered, and impactful decisions are being made, “said LABI NORTHPAC Chairman Terry Baugh. “Consistent support from these five house members and five senate members is the reason we are declaring our endorsement of them today. “
NORTHPAC covers 22 parishes in north Louisiana running from Caddo Parish along I-20 to East Carroll Parish and as far south as Concordia Parish.
NORTHPAC’s regional area committees convened meetings in July to consider the 2015 candidates’ qualifications and make endorsement recommendations to the PAC board.
Factors taken into consideration during the deliberation process include the lawmakers rating on LABI’s 2012-2015 cumulative scorecard as well as elements such as a legislator’s commitment to work with the business community, their communication style, work ethic, actions taken in committee and willingness to listen to concerns expressed by employers in their district.
All of these factors contributed to the area committee’s endorsement of the following incumbent legislators:
- Rep. Mike Johnson (R-Bossier City, District 08)
- Rep. James “Jim” Morris (R-Oil City, District 01)
- Sen. Barrow Peacock (R-Bossier City, District 37)
- Rep. Steve E. Pylant (R-Winnsboro, District 20)
- Sen. Neil Riser (R-Columbia, District 32)
- Rep. Alan Seabaugh (R-Shreveport, District 05)
- Sen. Gregory Tarver (D-Shreveport, District 39)
- Sen. Francis Thompson (D-Delhi, District 34)
- Sen. Mike Walsworth (R-West Monroe, District 33)
- Rep. Patrick C. Williams (D-Shreveport, District 04)
“We encourage the broader business community to support these legislators in their bids for re-election and to stay tuned for additional recommendations, “said NORTHPAC executive director Brian Landry. “This is a critical and dynamic election cycle. As the political landscape continues to develop in the weeks and months ahead, we will be issuing additional endorsements.”
NORTHPAC is a non-partisan political action committee working to recruit and support candidates who support the free enterprise market with as little government interference as possible.